We love this quick and easy Bircher Muesli! Delicious and so good for busy people on the run!
- ½ medium apple
- ½ cup (60g) muesli (97%fat-free)
- ½ cup (130 g) low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen berries, to serve cinnamon, to serve (optional)
- Wash and grate apple and place in a small bowl.
- Stir in muesli, yoghurt and berries.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired, and serve.
Health tip: This recipe is great for upset digestive systems, which is a common problem in pregnancy. It is high in fibre, beneficial bacteria (probiotics) and vitamins.
Cook’s tips: Larger portions can be made by simply increasing equal-sized portions of all three ingredients. Any variety of apple can be used. Sprinkle with nuts to add protein, fibre and healthy unsaturated fats. Replace apple with ½ cup fresh or frozen raspberries or blueberries for a different flavour.
Low Lactose – Use Lactose Free yoghurt
Gluten Free – Use GF muesli
Toddler: Children should drink full cream cows mild from 12 months of age until 2 years of age. After 2 years, either full cream or reduced fat milk can be used.
Per serve, energy 1244kJ, protein 11.2g, fat 2.2g, saturated fat 0.4g, cholesterol 7.8mg, carbohydrate 54.3g, fibre 5.5g, sodium 115.6mg, GI low