- 1 large mango cheek (100 g), peeled and frozen
- 100 g vanilla low-fat yoghurt
- 2 mini ice-cream cones
- 4 macadamias crushed, to serve
- Dice mango cheeks.
- Place mango and yoghurt into a small hand-held food processor and process until smooth. You may need to stop and push the contents down to help mix properly. (It should be smooth, thick and creamy. )
- Spoon mixture into cones.
- Sprinkle with macadamias to serve.
Health tip: This has more vitamins, fibre and lower GI than regular frozen yoghurt. It also has beneficial bacteria for healthy digestion if using a high probiotic- containing yoghurt.
Cook’s tip: For thicker yoghurt, place mixture back into the freezer for 15 minutes after mixing, then serve.
Low Lactose: Use Lactose Free yoghurt
Gluten Free: Use Gluten Free cones
Kids & Teens: Special Occasion Food
Per serve: energy 472 kJ, protein 4.1 g, fat 3.3 g, saturated fat 0.5 g, cholesterol 3 mg, carbohydrate 15.6 g, fibre 1 g, sodium 53 mg, GI low