This gluten-free Lemon Tart will have your guests raving!
- 1 gluten-free sweet shortcrust pastry sheet
- 180ml water
- 140g caster sugar
- ¼ cup gluten-free cornflour
- 180ml lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 50g Nuttelex
- 2 egg yolks
- Preheat an oven to 170ºC/150ºC fan-forced.
- Prepare a tart tin or tray by greasing with olive oil spray and dusting with rice ﬂour. Invert tin over sink to empty unused rice ﬂour. Thaw the pastry sheet according to packet instructions.
- Carefully ease the sheet into the tin, gently pushing into the corners. Trim off any excess and then prick the pastry all over with a fork. Place onto an oven tray and place in the oven for 8–10 minutes.
- When ready, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a small heavy-based saucepan combine the water, sugar, cornﬂour, lemon juice and zest. Whisk to combine.
- Place on medium heat and stir continuously until the mixture has thickened.
- When thickened, remove from the heat and stir in the Nuttelex until melted, then beat in the egg yolks.
- Pour the mixture into the baked shell, cover with cling wrap and then place in the fridge until set.
- Slice into 6 and serve with a dollop of fresh cream.
If you don’t like your lemon tart too tart, reduce the amount of lemon juice to 120 ml and add 60 ml orange juice instead. This tart is also lovely served with blueberries and cream.
Per Serve: fat 22.9 g, saturated fat 10.8 g, protein 7.0 g, carbohydrate 59.2 g, sodium 370 mg, energy 1974 kJ (472 Cal), GI high