- 2½ cups Lucky macadamia nuts
- ¾ cup Casalare rice crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons water
- 6 King George whiting fillets
- 6 lemon wedges
- ¼ cup Crisco sunflower oil
- Blend the nuts and rice crumbs in blender.
- Lightly beat the eggs and mix with water. Dip the fillets into the egg mix, then into the rice and nut mixture.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan on medium heat. Cook each fillet until golden brown on both sides. Serve with lemon wedges.
Toddler Friendly: This recipe is only suitable when nuts have been introduced and are well tolerated.
Per Serve: fat 58.1 g, saturated fat 7.9 g, protein 22.0 g, carbohydrate 20.2 g, sodium 73.7 mg, energy 2907 kJ (695 Cal), GI high