Creamy maple custard, topped with the lovely crunchy topping!
- 8 egg yolks
- 50g sugar
- 600ml Pura Meadow vale cream
- 2 teaspoons Queen maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons CSR caster sugar, to sprinkle
- Pre heat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Mix the yolks and sugar together in a small mixing bowl. In a sauce pan bring the cream and maple syrup to the boil then pour on to the yolks and sugar, stirring constantly. Transfer back into the sauce pan and cook until the mixture coats the back of the spoon, being careful not to curdle it.
- divide the mixture in to 6 ramekins. Sit these in a roasting tin. Add warm water to the roasting tin, until it comes three-quarters up the sides of the ramekins.
- Cook for 12minutes. Remove from the oven and cool. Refrigerate until ready.
- To ﬁnish the brûlées, sprinkle liberally with caster sugar. If you have a blow torch, use this to brown the sugar. If not, brown the sugar under a pre-heated grill, with the ramekins as close as possible to the heat. The tops of each should turn in to a thin toffee.
per serve, fat 49.6g, saturated fat 30.5g, protein 5.5g, carbohydrate 12.7g, sodium 35mg, energy 2131kJ (509 Cal), GI high