Serves Makes 20
- 5 thin slices of gluten-free ham
- 5 eggs
- 1 chicken breast, poached and shredded
- 20 baby cos lettuce leaves
- 20 anchovies cut in half, lengthways (optional)
- 60 g Parmesan cheese shavings
- cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free mayonnaise
- 1–2 tablespoons water
- 2–3 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat a grill to medium-high and grill the ham until crispy.
- Place the eggs in a saucepan of water and bring to the boil. When boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- When ready, drain the eggs and place in cold water immediately. Once the eggs have cooled down, crack the side of the eggs and remove the shells, and slice the eggs.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix well to combine.
- To assemble the mini caesar salads place a small amount of chicken on each of the baby cos leaves and top with some of the dressing. Add the egg, anchovies (if using) and shavings of Parmesan and then grind some black pepper over the top.
- Place a small portion of the crisp ham on the top of each canapé and serve.
Diabetic Friendly: Serve without anchovies, or just serve one as a snack.
Per serve (2): fat 7.3 g, saturated fat 2.8 g, protein 15.8 g, carbohydrate 0.8 g, sodium 298 mg, energy 554 kJ (132 Cal), GI low