Serves Makes 40
- 1 x 600 g gluten-free vanilla ice cream
- 250 g quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- fancy toothpicks
- Line a metal baking tray with baking paper. Chill the tray in the freezer for 10 minutes. Dip a melon baller into warm water and carefully make balls of ice cream. Place the balls onto the chilled baking tray. Carefully insert the toothpicks into the ice cream balls then put the balls into the freezer to set.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a small heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (make sure the bowl does not touch the water) and stir with a metal spoon until just melted. Allow to cool before dipping to ensure the chocolate sticks to the ice cream.
- Remove the ice cream balls from the freezer and carefully dip each one into the melted chocolate and place back onto the lined tray. When all the balls have been dipped in chocolate return to the freezer until set, and ready to serve. (If the chocolate does not coat completely the first time, place in the freezer for 15 minutes, then repeat the dipping process again.)
Low Lactose: Use lactose free ice cream
Kids & Teens: Special Occasion Food
Per ice cream: fat 4 g, saturated fat 2.5 g, protein 0.8 g, carbohydrate 6.4 g, sodium 112 mg, energy 264 kJ (63 Cal), GI low