- olive oil spray
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 210 g tin red salmon, drained and mashed with a fork
- 2 broccoli florets, finely diced
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup light milk
- pinch curry powder (optional)
- 70 g cheddar cheese (25% reduced-fat), cut into 4 pieces
- Preheat oven to 2000C/1800C fan-forced. Spray muffin tins with oilve oil spray, cut pastry into half and then into 4 equal strips, making 8 shorter strips. Place 2 strips criss-crossed in the bottom of each muffin tin. Spray with more olive oil spray.
- Place one-quarter of the salmon in each pastry case, then top with broccoli. In a small jug, beat the eggs, milk and curry powder (if using). Pour evenly into each pastry case. Place a piece of cheese on top of each one. Cook in the oven for 15–20 minutes or until cooked.
Health tip: These are a great snack to put into a lunch box for a takeaway snack, for the whole family. Light milk is used here as there are enough other fats included in the recipe.
Cook’s tip: You can use any vegetable and protein your child likes, for example ham and corn, or chicken and mushroom. If you don’t have any filo pastry, you could also use a large piece of bread, without crusts.
Per serve: energy 923 kJ, protein 17.9 g, fat 12.1 g, saturated fat 4.8 g, cholesterol 108.6 mg, carbohydrate 9.7 g, fibre 0.6 g, sodium 390.9 mg, GI medium