Joanne Turner’s Mocktail Daquiri is the perfect non alcoholic “glam” party drink!
- 1 small mango cheek, frozen
- 1 kiwi fruit, chilled and peeled
- ¼ cup (60 ml) apple juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 cup ice
- lime zest, to garnish (optional)
- Place ingredients into a blender and blend until ice is crushed and drink is a thick smooth consistency.
- Pour into a cocktail glass, or a smaller glass and drink with a thick straw.
Health tip: Kiwi fruit is a natural blood thinner which can reduce your risk of blood clots. Using exotic ingredients can make your drink more special especially while you are avoiding alcohol during pregnancy.
Cook’s tip: To freeze mango cheeks, place in a flat freezer-safe container with plastic wrap or baking paper between layers. Transfer to a freezer-safe zip lock bag once frozen for easy storage. Keep for up to 6 months. It’s great to buy mangoes by the tray and freeze them when they are in season, so you can enjoy all year round. Some specialty catering stores will sell bags of frozen mango cheeks. Canned mangoes can also be used, just add extra ice.
Per serve: energy 510 kJ, protein 2 g, fat 0.4 g, saturated fat 0 g, cholesterol 0 mg, carbohydrate 24.9 g, fibre 3.8 g, sodium 12 mg, GI low