Serves 6 - 8
A deliciously healthy lunch and perfect for kids & teens lunchboxes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400 g Nicola or new potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 cm cubes
- 500 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large (400 g) leek, white part only, sliced
- 1 spring onion, green part only, thinly sliced
- 8 eggs
- ground pepper, to taste
- spring onion, sliced, extra, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease a 20 cm x 20 cm square baking dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frypan and sauté the garlic over medium to high heat until golden brown. Turn the heat down to medium and add the potato cubes. Sauté for 2–3 minutes then add the mushrooms and leek. Sauté until the vegetables are softened and golden brown. Add the spring onion, stir to combine and heat through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Beat eggs lightly in a bowl and season with pepper. Add sautéed vegetables to eggs and pour the mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20–30 minutes or until firm when touched in the middle.
- Cut into slices and serve. Sprinkle with extra spring onion, if desired
per serve (based on 6 serves) energy 673 kJ (161 Cal), protein 10.9 g, fat 7.9 g, saturated fat 2 g, carbohydrate 10.4 g, sugars 1.3 g, fibre 2.5, sodium 77 mg, GI medium