- 250 g finely chopped lean bacon
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sheep’s pecorino cheese, grated
- 500 g gluten-free pasta (for example spaghetti)
- 100 g dairy-free spread, diced
- ½ cup sheep’s pecorino cheese, shaved
- black pepper, for serving
- Add the bacon pieces to a small non-stick frypan and saute over medium heat until golden Remove from pan and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Beat the eggs with a fork, add the bacon and half the grated sheep’s pecorino.
- Cook the gluten-free pasta until al dente (firm to the bite). Drain, then return to the saucepan and immediately add the dairy-free spread and stir through until Once melted, immediately add the egg mixture. Remove from stove top and stir through until the egg is cooked (be sure to do this away from any stove heat otherwise the eggs will scramble).
- Divide among four bowls, top with the extra cheese and cracked pepper and serve.
Lacto-ovo Vegetarian: Could substitute bacon for mushrooms for a creamy mushroom pasta
Per serve: Energy 2412 kJ (574 Cal), protein 18.9 g, fat 24.7 g, saturated fat 7.7 g, carbohydrate 71.8 g, sugars 0.3 g, fibre 3.3 g, sodium 954 mg, GI low