Perfect for lunch boxes and great for parties!
- 2 cups gluten-free self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 3 eggs
- 100g gluten-free salami, finely chopped
- ¹⁄³ cup canola oil
- 200g gluten-free plain yoghurt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 170°C/150°C fan-forced. Grease a 12-hole muffin tray.
- Sift flour and mixed herbs into a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the eggs, salami, canola oil, yoghurt, milk, cheese and parsley. Season to taste. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the sifted flour. beat with a wooden spoon until just combined. Pour muffin mix into greased muffin pans, until two-thirds full. Place a cherry tomato half up side down on top of each muffin. bake in the oven for 12–15 minutes or until firm to touch (or when a skewer inserted in to the centre comes out clean). Allow to stand for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
per muffin: energy 919kJ (219Cal), protein 8.1g, fat 11.6g, saturated fat 2.9g, carbohydrate 21.5g, sugars 2.7g, fibre0.5g, sodium 6373 mg, GI medium