Simple to prepare and a lovely dessert for entertaining friends!
- 3 green tea bags
- 2 cups (500 ml) hot (not boiling) water
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or ‘spoon for spoon’ sugar replacer)
- 2 medium granny smith apples (360 g), peeled and diced
- 2 medium (400 g) pears, peeled and diced
- 200g strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 200g fresh cherries (or canned cherries, drained)
- ¼ cup (60 g) dried cranberries
- ²/³ cup (150 g) fresh low-fat ricotta
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 2½ tablespoons pure icing sugar, sifted (or ‘spoon for spoon’ sugar replacer)
- In a 500 ml jug, infuse the tea bags in boiling water. Add the sugar (or replacer) and allow to infuse for 3–5minutes. Remove the tea bags, and pour the infused water into a large saucepan.
- Add the fruit to the saucepan, and heat over medium to high heat with the lid on until the tea is boiling. Turn the heat down to medium to low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the fruit is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, vanilla bean paste and sifted icing sugar (or sugar replacer) mixing well with a metal spoon.
- Divide among 6 bowls and serve with a dollop of sweetened ricotta.
Per serve, using sugar: energy 715 kJ (170 Cal), protein 4.2 g, fat 2.5 g, saturated fat 1.4 g, carbohydrate 32.1 g, sugars 26.7 g, fibre 4 g, sodium 53.4 mg, GI low
Per serve, using sugar replacer: energy 615 kJ (146 Cal), protein 4.2 g, fat 2.5 g, saturated fat 1.4 g, carbohydrate 25.8 g, sugars 21.4 g, fibre 4 g, sodium 53.7 mg, GI low