It’s hard to go past a really good potato salad and this one is!
- 1 kg chat potatoes, washed
- 200 g lite sour cream
- small bunch chives, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 large spring onion, washed, trimmed and cut into slices
- 1½ tablespoons seeded mustard
- salt and pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan in lightly salted cold water, bring to the boil, turn down to a light simmer and cook until tender (about 35–45 minutes) depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Mix together the sour cream, chives, spring onion, seeded mustard, salt and pepper.
- Drain the potatoes and leave to cool for about 45 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and place into a large bowl, then just before serving mix the dressing over the potatoes and serve.
Recipe Tip: This salad can be served warm or cold. If serving warm just heat the otatoes before dressing them.
Diabetic Friendly: Serve with lean BBQ meat plus grilled sweet potato for CHO adequacy.
Low Fat: To reduce fat content further, consider using ½ cup of low fat sour cream and ½ cup of natural low fat yoghurt.
Low GI: Use Nicola or Carisma potatoes to lower the GI content
Gluten Free: Use gluten free mustard
Low Lactose: Use lactose free sour cream
Per serve fat 7.1 g | saturated fat 4.4 g | protein 5.7 |sodium 117 mg | energy 812 kJ (194 Cal) | GI high