Serves Makes about 480g
- 350 g cooked salmon steak, skinned
- 150 g butter, softened
- zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- raw vegetables or gluten-free crackers, to serve
- Flake the cooked salmon into a bowl ensuring that all bones have been removed.
- Transfer to the bowl of a food processor with 150 g softened butter, the lemon zest and juice, 1 teaspoon dill and salt and pepper to taste. Process until smooth.
- Check for taste, and season further if necessary, then transfer to small ramekins or pots. Sprinkle the rest of the chopped dill over the top. Serve with raw vegetables or gluten-free rice crackers.
Cook’s tip For a dairy-free alternative, replace the butter with a dairy-free margarine and reduce the amount to 100 g.
Per 40 g serve (or 2 tablespoons): fat 10 g, saturated fat 5.5 g, protein 7 g, carbohydrate 0.4 g, sodium 58 mg, energy 495 kJ (118 Cal), GI low