- 2 dozen cooked medium-sized Australian prawns
- ½ cup gluten-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tomato sauce
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ¼ iceberg lettuce
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 punnet ripe cherry tomatoes
- ¼ bunch fresh dill
- Carefully shell and devein the prawns ensuring that the tails are left on.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise, tomato sauce, cayenne pepper, salt, lemon juice and zest. Taste for seasoning and adjust if required.
- Wash lettuce and place some leaves in small entrée dishes or cocktail glasses ensuring they come up one side of the dish or glass. Finely slice or shred some more lettuce and mix with a little of the sauce. Place in the bottom of each dish.
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop out the flesh and cut into thin strips. Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Arrange 4 prawns in each dish, add some of the avocado and tomato and pour over some of the sauce. Top each cocktail with a sprig of dill.
- Serve immediately and, if desired, put out a plate for the tail shells and finger bowls with slices of lemon.
Per serve: fat 12.5 g, saturated fat 2.6 g, protein 19.6 g, carbohydrate 7.04 g, sodium 472 mg, energy 935 kJ (223 Cal), GI low