- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 tablespoons Western Star butter
- 1 cup rice
- 32 prawns, shelled
- 8 skewers (soaked in water before using)
- 1 tablespoon Western Star butter, extra
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- Combine the garlic and butter. Place in the refrigerator to allow the ﬂavours to infuse. Meanwhile cook the rice according to packet instructions.
- Thread the prawns onto pre-soaked skewers and set aside.
- Melt the extra butter in a fry pan. Add the spring onions and prawn skewers. Gently fry the prawn skewers until almost done and add the garlic butter in the last few minutes of cooking time.
- Place the cooked rice on serving plates. Top with 2 cooked prawn skewers and pour a small amount of the butter and garlic sauce over each skewer. Serve immediately.
Diabetic Friendly: Alter serving size to 8. Consider half quantity of butter in recipe. Serve with rice as per recipe.
Per serve: fat 24.2 g, saturated fat 15.8 g, protein 8.8 g, carbohydrate 41.4 g, sodium 91 mg, energy 4985 kJ (1187 cal), GI high