- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons light milk
- 2 mushrooms, peeled, washed and diced
- ¼ cup baby spinach leaves, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 spring onion, washed and finely sliced
- 2 slices 9-grain bread, toast thickness
- 2 tablespoons (20 g) grated cheese (25% reduced-fat)
- Crack egg into a microwave-safe dish. Whisk together with milk and stir in vegetables.
- Cook on high in microwave for 1 minute, using a fork to stir gently, and then cook on high for another 30 seconds or until egg is well cooked. Place egg mixture on kitchen paper to absorb any excess moisture. Meanwhile toast the 9-grain bread slices.
- Sprinkle the egg mixture with cheese and serve in between the toast to make a sandwich.
Health tip: All vegetables should still be thoroughly washed before cooking to avoid food contaminations and listeriosis. Cooking egg and vegetables thoroughly will result in a safer product.
Cook’s tip: Any vegetables can be used, for example try slicing off the kernels of ½ cob corn, 4 cherry tomatoes and a sliced spring onion as an alternative.
Gluten Free: Use gluten-free bread as a gluten-free alternative.
Low Lactose: Soy milk can be used as a lactose-free alternative.
Per serve energy 1553 kJ, protein 22.6 g, fat 12.2 g, saturated fat 4.7 g, cholesterol 202.5 mg, carbohydrate 40 g, fibre 5.3 g, sodium 665 mg, GI low