Serves Makes 30
- 250 g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 3–4 teaspoons quality dark rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- good quality cocoa, for rolling
- Melt the chocolate with the unsalted butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. When melted remove from the heat and stir in the condensed milk. Beat in the rum and vanilla.
- Place mixture into the refrigerator until it is firm enough to form a ball. Using two teaspoons form bite-sized truffles and roll in the cocoa.
- Place finished truffles on a serving tray and serve with coffee.
Per piece: fat 3.5 g, saturated fat 2.2 g, protein 0.6 g, carbohydrate 6.6 g, sodium 7 mg, energy 253 kJ (60 Cal), GI medium