The roasted vegetables give this healthy soup a lovely flavour!
- 2kg pumpkin, peeled and cut in to 2cm cubes
- 400g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 3 table spoons olive oil
- 2 litres gluten-free vegetable stock
- ½ cup extra light cream, warmed
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- extra cream, for serving (optional)
- chopped fresh parsley or coriander, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°c/160°c fan-forced. place pumpkin and sweet potato pieces on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven, turning occasionally, for 30–40 minutes or until cooked and browned, add cooked pumpkin and sweet potato and vegetable stock to large stock pot. Simmer over low-medium heat, uncovered for 15–20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, allow to cools lightly.
- Add cream and purée with hand-held blender until even in texture. taste, season with pepper.
- Divide among 8 bowls and serve with a dollop of extra cream, if desired top with fresh herbs.
Diabetic Friendly – Use salt reduced vegetable stock.
Per serve: energy 1134 kJ (270cal), protein 7.1g, fat 11.3g, saturated fat 3.2g, carbohydrate 32.9g, sugars 20.4g, fibre 7.9g, sodium 971mg, GI medium