- 200 ml chicken stock
- 150 g couscous
- ¾ punnet grape tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ continental cucumber cut in half lengthways, then angle cut
- 30 g baby spinach leaves
- 2 large (400 g) chicken breasts, skinless and excess fat removed
- salt and pepper
- In a medium-sized saucepan bring the chicken stock to the boil.
- Place couscous into a medium-sized heatproof bowl and pour the boiling stock over the couscous grains and stir through. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Then place the couscous in a large bowl and ﬂ uff with a fork to break up the grains.
- Add the grape tomatoes, cucumber and baby spinach leaves to the couscous and season with salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper. In a hot non-stick pan, seal the chicken on both sides until slightly browned on the outside.
- Transfer the chicken to a non-stick baking tray. Place in a pre-heated oven and bake for 12–15 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and rest for 5 minutes. Then slice up the chicken into 100 g serves and place on top of the couscous salad and serve.
Tip: Couscous is quick to prepare and is a great alternative to rice or pasta.
Diabetic Friendly: Use salt reduced chicken stock and no added salt. Consider black pepper and chilli for flavour.
Gluten Free: Use corn couscous and GF stock
Per serve: fat 7.0 g | saturated fat 2.0 g | protein 23 g | carbohydrate 26.7 g | sodium 2019 mg | energy 1117 kJ (167 Cal) | GI medium