Healthy and delicious, this will be a hit with the whole family!
- 1¹⁄³ cups (250 g/8 oz) basmati rice
- olive oil spray
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated or crushed ginger
- 2 medium celery stalks, diced
- 500 g (1 lb) chicken breast mince
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 medium red capsicum (bell pepper), diced
- 4 medium mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup (60 ml/2 fl oz) hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- ¹⁄³ cup (85 ml/2²⁄³ fl oz) water
- 1½ cups (165 g/5¹⁄³ oz) bean sprouts
- ½ cup (55 g/1¾ oz) spring onions (scallions), sliced
- 6 large lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander (cilantro), to serve (optional)
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions.
- Heat a non-stick wok and spray lightly with oil.
- Add theonion, garlic, ginger and celery; stir-fry until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the chicken mince and cook, breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes, until meat starts to brown.
- Add the carrot, capsicum, mushroom, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and water and continue stirring for approximately 10 minutes, or until chicken is well cooked. Stir through the bean sprouts and spring onions.
- Place a lettuce leaf in the bottom of 6 bowls and divide rice (approximately ²⁄³ cup per serve) evenly between the leaves.
- Divide the chicken between the bowls.
- Sprinkle with coriander (if using) and serve.
Gluten Free – Use gluten free hoisin and soy sauce.
Per serve: Energy 1279 kJ / Fat 3 g / Saturated fat 1 g / Carbohydrate 44 g (3 exchanges) / Fibre 4 g / Sodium 377 mg / GI med