A quick, easy and healthy meal for the whole family!
- 200 g (6½ oz) dried egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspooons brown sugar
- ¹⁄³ cup (85 ml/2²⁄³ fl oz) water
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated or crushed ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 400 g (13 oz) lean pork mince
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 medium celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup (160 g/5 oz) frozen baby peas
- 425 g (13²⁄³ oz) can baby corn, drained and cut into 2.5 cm (1 in) pieces
- ¼ small cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced spring onions (scallions), to serve (optional)
1 Cook the noodles according to packet instructions until just cooked. Drain and rinse.
2 Mix the sauces, brown sugar and water together in a small bowl.
3 Heat a non-stick wok.
4 Add the oil, onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder and stir-fry for 1 minute.
5 Add the pork and stir-fry for about 5 minutes until the mince starts to brown.
6 Stir in the carrot and celery and cook for another 3–4 minutes.
7 Add the peas, baby corn, sauce mixture and cabbage; combine.
8 Stir-fry until the cabbage starts to wilt, the peas are softened and the pork is well cooked(adding extra water if required). Fold the noodles through.
9 Divide into serving bowls and sprinkle with spring onions (if using).
Gluten Free – Use gluten free soy and oyster sauces and gluten free stock powder and rice noodles.
Per serve (6): Energy 1188 kJ / Fat 7 g / Saturated fat 2 g / Carbohydrate 33 g (2 exchanges) / Fibre 6 g / Sodium 640 mg / GI low