- 100 g butter (or dairy-free alternative)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1–2 tablespoons beef stock or water
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Add the butter to a small heavy-based frying pan and heat until sizzling.
- Deglaze with the balsamic vinegar and add the soy sauce, tomato sauce and the mixed herbs.
- Keep stirring and when combined add a little water or beef stock.
- Season with salt and pepper, and then add the parsley.
- Do not allow to cook too much or the sauce will separate.
- Pour into a gravy boat and serve warm.
Low FODMAP: Check stock contains no onion or garlic. Click here to purchase Dr Sue Shepherd’s Low FODMAP Diet Shopping Guide.
Per 100 g: fat 49.3 g, saturated fat 32.4 g, protein 1.3 g, carbohydrate 6.7 g, sodium 680mg, energy 1966 kJ (470 Cal), GI high
The Low FODMAP modifications are recommendations only and please note that individual tolerances may and do vary. If in doubt, you should seek advice from an Accredited Practising Dietitian. We also recommend you purchase a copy of Dr Sue Shepherd’s Low FODMAP Shopping Guide. Click here to purchase.