- 300 g lean beef rump steak, fat trimmed
- canola oil spray
- 3 cups cos lettuce, washed
- 2 cob corn, washed
- 1 medium carrot, washed, peeled and sliced into ribbons
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 4 tablespoons parmesan shavings
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons apple juice
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- pepper, to taste
- Allow meat to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes before cooking. Spray oil on the meat (not on the grill). Heat a barbeque grill or griddle pan, place meat on the hot grill and cook for 3–4 minutes each side or until cooked (see Health tip below). Time will vary depending on the thickness of the steak. Remove from grill and allow to rest covered in foil for 5 minutes.
- Thickly slice cos, or if baby leaves are used, simply place in a serving bowl with carrot.
- Place dressing ingredients in a small jar with a tight lid and shake until well combined.
- Dress cos and carrot. Top with corn kernels sliced off the cob, walnuts and parmesan.
- Serve the salad with the steak and season with pepper.
Health tip: While pregnant meat needs to be cooked well on the outside to kill the surface bacteria. To bulk up the meal, you can serve this with a bread roll or a small glass of fruit juice for extra carbohydrates.
Cook’s tip: If you would prefer more flavour in your steak, double the dressing quantity and use half for the salad and the extra half to marinate the steak for 10 minutes before
Diabetic Friendly: 250g of lean rump steak with fat trimmed.
Low Fat: 250g of lean rump steak with fat trimmed.
Gluten Free: Use Gluten Free soy sauce
Per serve: energy 2328 kJ, protein 48.1 g, fat 23.9 g, saturated fat 6.6 g, cholesterol 108.9 mg, carbohydrate 31.6 g, fibre 10.5 g, sodium 394.3 mg, GI low