An easy and healthy dessert! Good for the whole family!
- 4 small granny smith apples
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit (without peel)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°c/160°c fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Using a corer remove the centre (core) of the apple, whilst keeping the rest of the apple intact.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the dried fruit, cinnamon and brown sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Stuff the dried fruit mixture into the hole at the centre of each apple. Allow some to sit on top of the apple.
- Place apples on the baking tray and cook for 40–50 minutes or until apples have softened and the dried fruit and sugar mixture becomes slightly caramelised. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Diabetic Friendly: Use ¾ cup of dried fruit
Per serve: energy 1037 kJ (248 cal), protein 1.3 g, fat 0.4 g, saturated fat 0 g, carbohydrate 59.4 g, sugars 58.2 g, fibre 4.8 g, sodium 41 mg, GI medium