Serves Makes 10
- 250 g floury potatoes (such as Sebago), diced
- 10 large field mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons double cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 30 g grated tasty cheese
- 125 ml vegetable stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped chives, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fanforced.
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil, then add the diced potatoes and boil for 10 minutes until tender. Drain well and mash until smooth.
- Remove the stalks from the field mushrooms and chop finely. Mix the chopped mushroom stalks into the potato mash.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream, melted butter and chives together and pour this mixture into the potato mash, mixing well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the potato mixture into the field mushrooms and sprinkle the grated cheese on the top.
- Carefully place the filled mushrooms in a shallow, oven-proof dish and pour in the vegetable stock. Cover the dish with a lid (or foil) and cook in the oven for 15–20 minutes, then remove the lid (or foil) and cook for a further 5 minutes under a hot grill, until golden.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve the mushrooms immediately.
Per serve: fat 8.5 g, saturated fat 5.5 g, protein 2.1 g, carbohydrate 3.8 g, sodium 684 mg, energy 422 kJ (101 Cal), GI high