Easy to prepare, healthy and gluten free – sure to be a hit with the whole family!
- 6 large washed potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 5 rashers rindless bacon, diced
- ¼ small cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- ¼ cup gluten-free whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 180°c/160°c fanforced. Place the potatoes on a baking tray and bake for 1 hour. Turn the heat off and leave in the oven to stay warm while preparing the filling.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until browned and crispy. Remove from heat, set aside and keep warm.
- To make the coleslaw, place the shredded cabbage and grated carrot in a medium mixing bowl. Toss well to combine. Using a metal spoon, mix in the mayonnaise until vegetables are evenly coated.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven. Place in a shallow bowl and cut into halves or quarters, being careful not to cut all the way through. Open the potato out, then place a handful of grated cheese Inside each open potato. Place a large spoonful of coleslaw over the top of the cheese, and then sprinkle with bacon pieces.
Per serve: Energy 1413 Kj (336 Cal), Protein 19.7 G, Fat 11.9 G, Saturated Fat 3.8 G, Carbohydrate 34.3 G, Sugars 6.9 G, Fibre 6.7 G, Sodium 864 Mg, Gi Medium