Rick’s Thai Fish Cakes are a delicious addition to the summer entertaining menu!
- 350g boneless white fish (for example, flat head), roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free curry powder
- 1 egg
- 35ml fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander pinch cayenne pepper (optional) salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free cornflour
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 4 spring onions (optional), chopped vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- ½ cup gluten-free sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Combine the fish, curry powder and egg in the bowl of a food processor and process well. Remove and place the mixture in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the fish sauce, coriander, cayenne pepper (if using), salt, pepper, gluten- free cornflour, brown sugar, grated ginger and spring onions (if using) and mix to combine. With damp hands shape the mixture into 20 bite-sized patties.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a wok or large sauce pan and deep-fry the fish cakes in small batches for 3–4minutes each side until cooked through and golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with tooth picks and sweet chilli sauce.
Diabetic Friendly: Cook non-stick pan or lightly spray oil oven tray and bake.
Low Fat: Cook non-stick pan or lightly spray oven tray and bake.
Kids & Teens: Special occasion food.
Low FODMAP: Sweet Chilli Sauce does contain garlic. Omit or use a small amount, depending on personal choice. Click here to purchase Dr Sue Shepherd’s Low FODMAP Diet Shopping Guide.
fat 0.7g, saturated fat 0.2g, protein 4.1g, carbohydrate 1.5g, sodium 180mg, energy 122kJ(29Cal), GI medium
The Low FODMAP modifications are recommendations only and please note that individual tolerances may and do vary. If in doubt, you should seek advice from an Accredited Practising Dietitian. We also recommend you purchase a copy of Dr Sue Shepherd’s Low FODMAP Shopping Guide. Click here to purchase.