- 4 rashers gluten-free bacon, diced
- 3 large brown onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free cornflour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 egg yolks
- 300ml sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Place 1 teaspoon of the olive oil into a large heavy-based sauce pan and sauté the bacon for about 5minutes.
- Add the onions, butter and the rest of the olive oil and cook until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Mix the corn flour with a little of the chicken stock,then add the cornflour mixture and the rest of the stock to the pan, stirring constantly
- Add salt and pepper to taste then add the potatoes. Simmer for 8minutes or until the potatoes are slightly tender
- In a small bowl whisk the egg yolks with the sour cream, adding a cup of the hot soup mixture. Add this mixture to the sauce pan of soup along with the parsley.
- Stir carefully and bring back to a boil. Once the soup is boiling, serve hot.
Diabetic Friendly: Substitute with low fat sour cream
Lacto-ovo Vegetarian: Omit bacon and use vegetable stock
Low FODMAP: Replace onion with 2 tablespoons of finely chopped chives. Check stock contains no onion or garlic. Substitute sour cream with Liddells Lactose Free Yoghurt. Click here to purchase Dr Sue Shepherd’s Low FODMAP Diet Shopping Guide.
fat 8.2g, saturated fat 3.6g, protein 6.5g, carbohydrate 5.7g, sodium 126mg, energy 537kJ(128Cal), GI medium
The Low FODMAP modifications are recommendations only and please note that individual tolerances may and do vary. If in doubt, you should seek advice from an Accredited Practising Dietitian. We also recommend you purchase a copy of Dr Sue Shepherd’s Low FODMAP Shopping Guide. Click here to purchase.