- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 gluten-free vegetable stock cubes
- 5 L tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 500 g gluten-free, dairy-free Spanish chorizo sausages, cut into 5 mm thick slices
- 420 g can chickpeas
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot over medium Add the onion, garlic and crumbled stock cubes and saute until the onion has softened. Add the tomato puree and chilli powder, and then turn the heat up to medium to high. Simmer for 15 minutes. Take off the heat and allow to cool slightly in the pot.
- Using a hand-held blender puree the tomato mixture until Add the chorizo and canned chickpeas (including liquid) to the pot. Turn on the heat to medium and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Season to taste, then divide between 4 bowls, garnish with parsley and serve.
Diabetic Friendly: Use reduced salt stock cubes and only 250g of chorizo sausage
Per serve: Energy 1702 kJ (405 Cal), protein 19 g, fat 11.3 g, saturated fat 2.7 g, carbohydrate 44.3 g, sugars 21.7 g, fibre 25.5 g, sodium 2233 mg, GI low