- 220 g zucchini (courgette), diced
- 350 g butternut pumpkin, diced
- canola oil spray
- 200 g button mushrooms, cut and quartered
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 spring onion, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 bunch broccolini (about 60 g), roughly chopped and blanched
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 100 ml no-fat milk
- ¼ cup (30 g) low-fat shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon ﬁnely chopped chives
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 210°C/190°C fan-forced.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Roast the zucchini and pumpkin on separate trays for 10 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Lightly spray a non-stick pan with canola oil and fry the mushrooms until they start to become juicy.
- In a bowl mix the zucchini, pumpkin, carrot, spring onion, broccolini, tomato and mushrooms.
- Whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk, cheese and chives together and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Line a 22 cm square baking tin with baking paper on the bottom and sides.
- Place vegetables in the tin and pour over the egg mixture.
- Gently tap the pan so the egg mixture evenly ﬁlls the tin and gets around the vegetables.
- Place in the oven on the middle rack at 210°C/190°C fan-forced for 10 minutes and then turn the oven down to 190°C/170°C fan-forced and bake for a further 20 minutes. The frittata is cooked once ﬁrm to press in the centre and golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool in pan.
- Once cool, turn the frittata out onto a cutting board and slice into 6 pieces.
Tip: Eaten hot or cold this low-fat lunch is healthy, fast and packed full of veggies.
Per serve: fat 4.6 g | saturated fat 1.4 g | protein 12 g | carbohydrate 4.9 g | sodium 144 mg | energy 494 kJ (118 Cal) | GI medium